My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bruno Day 2011



Statue, Campo dei Fiori, Rome.

Giordano Bruno, b. 1548 - d. 17 February 1600


Forth from the womb of darkness,

free and passionate I dart.

I dread no barrier of banished spheres.

I cleave the sky, and other suns behold.

Celestial worlds innumerable I see:

one left, another company appears;

my opinions fail not and my heart is bold

to journey on through all infinity.

- Giordano Bruno



2 Comments:

Blogger 2bsirius said...

Hi Julia,

I found your blog, and I was glad to see that you are still out there.

I won't be in Rome this year because of personal commitments. I was there in 2010. I went by train from England through Florence and stayed in Rome for four days. The weather in Rome was appalling.

Will you be there next month in 2012?

Great to read you blog.

All the best,
K.

13 January, 2012 03:57  
Blogger Julia Jones said...

Karen, my favorite Brunista,

I'm so glad to find you. Please email me so we can skype. I won't be in Rome this year but will plan something special for this page. Let's get together to honor Bruno as best we can. I wonder what Guido has planned.

Yours in Bruno,
Julia

13 January, 2012 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home